Monday, June 9, 2008

It's Official...

I'm HOT! As someone who once considered herself a very cold natured person up until about two weeks ago, this is a very weird experience. I'm the one who always has a blanket with her on the couch, always sleeps with the covers up to her neck, and always takes a jacket when she goes out. I'm the first one at the office to get cold from the AC in the summer and the last one to warm up from the space heaters in the winter (we do not have central air and heat.) By the time I feel comfortable, my co-workers are sweating. This scenario plays out the same way at home. I'm usually telling Stephen it is too cold and covering up while he is pushing away the covers and sweating. This all changed about two weeks ago when I acquired what we now call the "pregnancy hots". Now I walk around the house in shorts instead of pants, I sleep with a sheet only if even that, and I blare the AC in the car for the duration of the trip, no matter how far it is. Poor Stephen is constantly trying to turn the thermostat up to try and save some money but I can't handle it when I'm here. I came home the other day and he was sitting in an 80 degree house with only a fan on to try and save money while I wasn't home. When I ask people if they are hot, they look at me like I'm crazy. Then they give me that smile that says aww, she's hot because she's pregnant...how cute! That is even more irritating that being hot in the first place. Is it so incredible to think that during summer in Texas someone else might actually be hot too? I don't mean to complain...I really have had a great pregnancy and I actually like most of what has come with being pregnant. I guess I'm just not very excited about having 8 more weeks of the pregnancy hots.

1 comment:

TeamBortzfield said...

I don't have the pregnancy hots yet but I'm sure it's only a matter of weeks. I am having the horrible heartburn you were talking about at the kickball tournament. We missed y'all at the Kirby's I know how much Steven loves the loaded questions game.