Wednesday, October 28, 2009

100th Post & Balloon Love!

So, I don't think I've been a very consistent blogger since I'm just now getting to my 100th post and I've been blogging for almost a year and a half. However, I guess I've had more to say than I thought I would. I hesitated to even start a blog, thinking I would have nothing to say and no time to post it. Well, I guess Eli changed some of that. He gives me a lot of material and somehow I make the time to post about it...eventually! :)

Eli has a love of balloons (he calls them balls). It first started at his birthday. We kept one of his birthday balloons around after his party and it entertained him for days. He dragged it everywhere.

Last week, we went to Chick-fil-a for a fundraiser for Stephen's school. They had some balloons tied to paper weights all around the store. There were some teenagers in the booth next to us cutting some loose. When they saw us watching them, they asked us if Eli wanted one.

Boy did he!
We tied it to his chair so it would come loose, but I don't think we really needed to. Once he gripped it in his chubby little hand, he was not going to let go.

In the commotion of getting things together to leave, throwing trash away, etc., Eli forgot about his balloon for a second and we were able to get away from the table with the balloon still tied to the high chair. We didn't really want to drive all the way home with him bouncing it around so we could have a screaming fit when we had to take it away from him at bed time. We thought we had escaped.
Unfortunately, as we were walking out the door, a Chick-fil-a employee asked Eli if he wanted a balloon. Here they are...reunited. :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh Britt - he is just precious...i love that little smile!!